Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What one-month marriage feels like

People said marriage will be all honeymoon for the first 6 months up to a year. Some others said we will be changed and surprised of the many things our partner do that we don’t even know. Even people said that the wife should take control of the husband’s life, house, money and children when they have one. That is, I may say, pretty extreme – because I knew I and my husband don’t acknowledge and perceive those “stereotypes” when we were about to get married.

September 21, 2014, was not just a history – it became a stepping stone in my life. I’m only 25 years old, and never in my life I’d ever expected to get married in such “young” age. Reality check, getting married was awesome. I had a party where I got to see all my lovely friends and family, whom I haven’t met in years, and it excited me! I mean, when on earth would I have a chance to gather all of my friends from different scenes to one big event?

Besides, the first month of marriage has been great. I have anticipated my husband’s habit on stuff and his routines to get along with mine. Thanks God, my husband is a thoughtful, supportive and caring person who is willing to get down and dirty with me in taking care of the house and other daily needs. We get tired together, we wake up at noon, we stay home sluggishly without pants and brushing our teeth, and we shop groceries and household needs together. That sounds like Disney, fairy tale story of a happy, rainbow marriage right? But that’s the truth.

Yes we’ve drawn into a fight, a little argument and some crying scene. That are the spices, the proof that even though you feel emotions and have some thoughts that don’t (have to) match with your significant other, you stay. And the point of all the dreamy and happy, tempers and emotions situations are staying – respect your marriage you just started to build, your husband’s feelings and yourself. Compromise, peace and respect – and to start these all, you need to talk to yourself that ego and selfishness are no longer allowed.

My husband has his own visions, while I have mine – but we have some dreams to make true and support. While marriage may be seen hard or complicated or not-so-important for some people, I do think that marriage gives me a ticket to see this big world, with a friend of a lifetime. Passing a one-month marriage, I know that my life with my husband is all warm breezes till the very end.

xxx


No comments:

Related postings

Related Posts with Thumbnails