Sunday, February 15, 2015

The "So What" spell


I used to be very shy and silent of things that required public appearance, got to face one-o'-one with a stranger in a room (or something like that), and even do something scary that I'd never done before (like drafting a great deal of key point for a leader speech). If I had a choice, usually I had, to just remain quiet and invisible, I'd do so.

I was a silence-is-gold folk, my friend.

As of today, I won't say I like to show myself in public, but I feel more comfortable to say something in front of people or just a person. Changes are good, aren't they? I still feel nervous and sometimes suffer from cold sweats prior to do something in public, or to a powerful person or to just a stranger.

I thought I was changed because of it's enough for me to stay behind the scene and be a ghost. I though I was tired of just being known as an "introvert" or uncommunicative person, because deep down I always knew what I was capable of . I have been thinking that if everyone else can do it, why can't I? There's no such thing as differences between me and those people, not really. You know, your mind plays sneaky tricks on you until you believe what you think of something.

When those days of having to do something scary comes, I constantly and instantly tell my self the "So What" inquiry. If I wonder within me whether other people will be pleased with what I've done or either way they will hate me, "so what"? It doesn't matter, because they probably can necessarily do that thing you do. If they'd hate you for it, "so what? You cannot please everyone around, if you can only make one and only one person happy, then it all that matters.

This "So What" stuff has helped me through thin and thick, sugar and salt, and a little mix in between. I push myself to go beyond what I've always thought I could not do and it works -- I am limitless.

Having a little vibration of embarrass or fear is OK and totally normal. The result is no big deal also, you cannot control what will happen of everything, right? The most important thing is the action you do to overcome and surpass the fear, that you try and enjoy the moment of embarrassment before finally reap what you sow.

"So What" is, for me, a powerful, encouraging and empowering mantra -- as long as it's used for a greater goods especially for yourself. Feel free to say it to yourself and feel a little excitement within afterwards, it means you know you are infinity.


xoxo



No comments:

Related postings

Related Posts with Thumbnails